18 May 2012
Switch-Off Fortnight is back for 2012!
Author: Emily at the Pod
Switch-Off Fortnight is back for 2012 and we would like to
invite schools across the UK to take part.
Switch-Off Fortnight, the Pod's national energy
saving campaign is back for its fourth year. We have free
event packs to give away to schools that take part. Packs include
posters, badges, stickers and much more.
Last year more than 4400 schools took part and we're
expecting this year's campaign to be the biggest yet. Pack
numbers are limited, so sign up to Switch-Off Fortnight
now before they all go!
to take part >>>
Seven good reasons to take part in Switch-Off Fortnight
- It has the potential to help your school cut its energy
use and save money on bills
- It's a great way to get the whole school working
- It's also a great way to involve and inspire parents
and the local community
- In addition to making learning fun for pupils,
the Pod's energy activities fit in with many areas of the
National Curriculum including Math's, Numeracy,
PHSE, Citizenship, English/literacy, ICT and Geography. For full
details of curriculum links, take a look at the Curriculum Guide for the Goodbye
Standby and Switching On to Switching Off activities.
- Taking part in Switch-Off Fortnight and using the Pod's
activities will help your application for an Eco-Schools
award, whether you're just starting out and ready for a
bronze award or looking for a major project for your Green Flag
(More information about how Switch-Off Fortnight will help with
Eco-Schools awards can be found here)
- We'll measure and track the savings you make
on your school's pod-o-meter.
- And finally, if all that wasn't enough - schools that take part
in this year's campaign could win a prize in the
Switch-Off Fortnight draw - more details of the 2012 competitions
will be available in the autumn term.